Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Make It Ruff, Make It Smooth

Quentin E. Klopjaeger writes:

The other day I was in La Jolla and happened to run into Bon Schmidt at a record store. He was buying a Jan Hammer record, so I can tell you first that he is a man of his word, assuming that word is "smooth." We shook hands and he left. Later, much later, I noticed that he had slipped a note into my pocket. I don't know how he did it. It was a note about keeping the faith, and it was inspiring enough that I will reprint it in full here:

"Quent," it says -- he calls me "Quent" -- "there is rough and there is smooth in life, and we should never be afraid to admit that we like smooth, for we are the monarchs of our own life, and a good monarch prefers peace to war, prosperity to poverty, and ease to difficulty. If I am a monarch, music is my kingdom, and smooth jazz is the key to that kingdom. Go on like butter, Bon."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment